Beds Sizes UK
From single to super king size, find the right bed and mattress size for your home with our UK Bed Sizes infographic. Packed with fun facts and metrics to guide you on choosing the best bed for your nightly slumbers.
Share this Image On Your Site
Please include attribution to https://www.divancentre.co.uk/bed-sizes-uk/ with this graphic. 2'6 by 6'3
2'6 by 6'3
75 cm x 190 cm
3' x 6'3"
90 cm by 190 cm
4' by 6'3
120 cm x 190 cm
4'6" x 6'3"
135 cm by 190 cm
- aka queen size
5' x 6'6"
150 cm by 200 cm
6' x 6'6"
180 cm by 200 cm
We offer a bespoke ‘made-to-measure’ service to provide any divan bed size you want.
So you’ve decided it might be time for a new bed. An excellent idea, especially if you are a notoriously bad sleeper. Did you know the bed itself could be the reason for your poor sleep? Contrary to popular belief beds do not last forever and will eventually start to lose support and strength. If you body does not receive the right amount of support during the night then this can put too much strain on your bones, joints and vertebrae. This can lead to a bad night’s sleep at best and to chronic pain and soreness at worst.
How quickly the quality of a bed deteriorates depends on many factors. For example:
- A spare bed that is rarely used will last a lot longer than a bed that’s in constant use.
- Weight gain of those sleeping in the bed can also make it wear down faster.
- If the bed is used during the day as a replacement sofa then this too can make the overall quality diminish quickly.
There are some signs that you should look out for that signal the time is right for a new bed:
- Soreness and pain around your body during the day is a sign that you might need a better and more supportive bed.
- Pain such as this usually wears off as the day progresses, but if it is there in the morning then you could be suffering from a poor or bed base.
- If you can no longer sleep as well as you could do before or find you get a better night’s sleep when in another bed altogether, a new bed is likely to be necessary.
- Mattresses and bases that show signs of wear and tear should also be replaced as quickly as possible as this means they are most likely past their sell by date.
Although a new bed might not cure a severe case of insomnia it can most certainly help your sleep. Being able to wake up feeling rested will promote overall better health, reduce stress and will help you be more productive during the day. There is no one size fits all when it comes to beds. Some people need a firmer base than others, the length and breadth of the bed can also vary depending on a person’s height, size or even the measurements of the room it will be placed in. Whilstdimensions may be big enough for one person, it may well be too small for another who would require .
When deciding on a new bed there are a number of considerations you should make.
- First of all you should consider everything you don’t like about your current bed and everything you do.
- Do you think it is too hard and you would prefer something a bit more soft?
- Do you find it a bit cramped and need something bigger?
- Your budget is always going to factor into a decision about which bed to choose. Whilst of course you can find bargain basement beds, these might not necessarily offer the best quality. When it comes to beds you do often get what you pay for, so whilst you should always look for a good value for money, you shouldn’t always simply opt for the cheapest.
How do know what size you need? Simply by carrying out a couple of tests:
- When lying on the bed you should be able to lie with your elbows behind your head and not be touching either a person lying next to you or touching the edge of the mattress.
- The length should also be at least 10 - 15 cm longer than the tallest person so that there is no chance of feet hanging off the end too!
- Anyone who is over 6ft is likely to need a longer bed than those offered by the standard sizes. Special sizes to accommodate especially tall people are available to order here at Divan Beds Centre. We understand that one of the most common reasons for bad or interrupted sleep is a bed that is either too narrow or too short so we provide beds suitable for even the tallest of people!
Height of Bed
Considering how high you want your bed might also be relevant. Divan beds can be slightly higher than other types of bed as there is additional storage found in the base of the bed. If you need a particular height of bed for any reason then you can contact us here at Divan Beds Centre to find out about how we can help provide you with the right height of bed for your needs. When choosing a bed, it is always a good idea to buy a mattress and a base together. Here at Divan Beds Centre our bases and mattresses compliment one other perfectly, but by using an existing base or mattress alongside a new divan bed or mattress the effects can be lost and the performance of the bed overall could be diminished.
Getting the bed up the stairs can be a problem for some people, especially those living in flats at the top of many flights of steep stairs. An excellent way to overcome this problem is to buy a Divan bed as they come with split bases. Even headboards are available here at Divan Beds Centre that can be assembled once in place. There can be nothing more frustrating that not being able to get your new bed up the stairs or around a corner into the room. This is something that should be given serious consideration to avoid disappointment.
Softness of Mattress
When you are shopping for a bed you should decide on the type of softness you want. Anything too soft and your body could be forced into a slouch position. Anything too firm on the other hand could be uncomfortable. The mattress should mould to your body shape.
- If you really want to be sure you are getting the right mattress for your needs then you cannot go wrong with a memory foam mattress. You can start getting a good night’s sleep with this sumptuous and hard wearing type of mattress.
- You may also want to consider a pocket sprung variety that uses individual springs contained within pockets. These types of springs move independently of one another and therefore can absorb pressure better. If one person in the bed fidgets a lot in their sleep, the other person is less likely to be affected with a pocket sprung bed as there is little transmission of movement.
Custom Bed Sizes
Here at Divan Beds Centre we have a large number of divan beds available that can be custom designed to suit your needs. As well as the full range of standard UK bed sizes available, we can also custom build the right size of divan bed for you. We have many different types of bed base available as well as mattress types. Even the style of drawers available varies and can be chosen according to your needs. Divan beds remain the most popular type of bed in the UK and it is not hard to understand why. They can provide that extra space a bedroom needs to remain tidy and free from clutter. The drawers are fitted with sliding castors and are sturdy enough to support even heavier items such as books or shoes.
If you are interested in finding out more about our beds or what bed size would be most appropriate then feel free to browse our website, or simply contact a member of our team here at Divan Beds Centre. We can help explain the different bed sizes in the UK and help you choose the right bed or mattress size. With a good range of bed accessories available too, not only can be ensure you get a good night’s sleep, but we can also help style and design your bedroom. From bed linen to headboards, pillows and everything in between, all things bed related can be found here at Divan Beds Centre. Contact a member of our friendly and knowledgeable staff to find out more. Your new bed could be on its way to your door in no time at all!
Email through our or Call 0161 920 6998 - Mon - Sat 8am - 10pm.